Dr. Singh
Dr. Singh, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS. General Practitioner, experienced in hospital care and primary care.

I slipped on a little ice patch. I landed flat on my back.

I slipped on a little ice patch. I landed flat on my back. My very lower back ( wear the crack of you butt starts) is very sore and hurts to sit down or get up. I don't think much can be done? Should I use a heating pad on it? See if it get worse, are go away in time>
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Singh replied 7 years ago.

You should apply ice over the affected area 2-3 times a day to keep the inflammation down. Take Motrin 600mg two times a day till the pain subsides. You may have sustained an injury to coccyx bone, so it would be advisable to see a doctor to get complete neurological exam done to rule out any nerve injury or a fracture. Treatment of coccyx injuries is usually conservative in the form of rest, ice and anti-inflammatory medications.

More info-

Dr Singh