Dr. Su S
Dr. Su S, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  25 years of clinical experience

I was cleaning my ears out with a Q-Tip and blood appeared

I was cleaning my ears out with a Q-Tip and blood appeared on the cotton six different times. I was wondering what this is and if it could be anything serious. I asked my daughter about it and she had never heard of any such thing before. I would like to know what I should do about this and what it could be.

It is not normal to have bleeding with Q tips. There might have been any injury , or there had been any sore before. You need to get the ear checked by an ENT doctor.

Hope this information will help you.
Wish your early recovery.
Any query, please ask.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Thank you for that answer, but I was wondering if it might have anything to do with the brain or bleeding from the brain, anything like that which would be more serious?

Bleeding from brain can come through the ear in fracture of the middle part of the skull but as you are otherwise healthy with no history of injury then it can be excluded .