Dr. Su S
Dr. Su S, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  25 years of clinical experience
9324755

I keep getting a sharp pain like a bee sting on the very tip

I keep getting a sharp pain like a bee sting on the very tip of my toe. It usually happens when I am not doing anything. Its not that bad or painful, but worried me since it was new the last few weeks.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Su S replied 7 years ago.

Greetings,

Is there any swelling or tenderness? Any past illness? Any test done?

Regards
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
no swelling or soreness. I have no past illnessness at all. I do walk and sometimes jog daily. I was wondering if it could be nerve damage? since its been 2 weeks is why I asked. In the past I might have some soreness from walking or jogging if I had been slacking or suddenly increased a mile or 2, but it is usuall obvious normal soreness that goes away in a day or 2. This seemed completely different and at the tip of my toe that is not affected by my excercise.
Expert:  Dr. Su S replied 7 years ago.
Thank you for the input,

The bee stinging type pain without any swelling or tenderness can be due to any irritation of the nerve.The common causes are due to any pinching , deficiency of calcium or vitamins , diabetes, low thyroid states etc. As you are not having any disease conditions , you need to have an examination by doctor & have some tests to find the cause of it.

Hope this information will help you.
Wish your early recovery.
Any query, please ask.
Regards.