Dr Heal
Dr Heal, Doctor
Experience:  Graduate with a Bachelor
11859556

i have white string like substances in my urine. when i first

i have white string like substances in my urine. when i first noticed it, it was long strings. now they are smaller and broken up ,, they are floating around. the urine can be a little cloudy or clear, sometimes a lot of strings, sometimes just a couple. what is this?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr Heal replied 8 years ago.

DearCustomer

How and what you are using to examine your urine? Is it a sterile container and transparent?

with best regards,

Dr.Renjusha

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
yes, of course, its a clean glass and ive looked at it 30 or 40 times over the last month
Expert:  Dr Heal replied 8 years ago.

DearCustomer

It usually will be casts which may be due to various reasons. The cloudy appearance suggests / may indicate the presence of mucus, pus, or blood. Alternatively it can be due to sediment that forms when some of the constituents of urine, such as phosphates or urates, form tiny crystals. If you dont have any foul smell, fever etc you may not have any infection.

Other possible causes include diet (esp. high in calcium), loss of calcium from the bones. Another possible cause is retrograde ejaculation into the bladder, but this is usually only seen after genital sexual activity of some kind.

I suggest that you submit your urine sample for an analyses so that you get a clear picture since at this age you should be very careful to avoid neglecting such observations since if left untreated any anomoly should not cause you to repent later on.

with best regards,

Dr.Renjusha