Dr Heal
Dr Heal, Doctor
Experience:  Graduate with a Bachelor
11859556

I have had a sore/tender spot in my right lower abdomen for

Customer Question

I have had a sore/tender spot in my right lower abdomen for past four months that no one seems to be able to fix. Have had ct scan that showed a hepatic hemangioma. Was told this is nothing to be concerned about. Gynocologist put me on doxycycline and flagyl for ten days and this did nothing to help. Colonoscopy done and only showed some minor hemmoroids. What should I do since this is not getting better and even makes right hip sore/tender?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr Heal replied 8 years ago.

DearCustomer

Can you exactly specify a bit more clearly the spot. Is the pain there all the time? is it increasing at any particular time in the day / night? Any other gynaec problem? How old are you and can you give a history of your menstruation and how many children you have?

with best regards,

Dr.Renjusha

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
The tender spot is in the lower right side. Even my right hip hurts. The pain is deep but sometimes up to the skin. I have two children and I am 36 years old. I cannot become pregnant due to the fact I have had tubal pregnancies that ended up having to remove tubes on both sides. Just finished doxycycline and flagyl ten day treatment with no better results. I just don't know what else to do. I had a CT scan that only showed a hepatic hemangioma that I was told not to be concerned about and then my family doctor told me the pain was right above my cecum and suggested I have a colonoscopy that only showed minor hemmoroids. My family doctor then sent me to my gynocologist who gave the the doxycycline and flagyl and here I am.
Expert:  Dr Heal replied 8 years ago.

DearCustomer

Have you discussed with your Gynaec on possible scar tissues subsequent to your removal of fallopian tubes? Minor should we say is your Hemangioma as that too is vascular and is benign and hence not to be worried of in the present context. even the minor haemorrhoids can be treated with but the pain which you mention as deep and comes up to skin level at your hernial region on the right side in my opinion must be something related to your Obstetrics and Gynaecologist to explore further. May be she wanted to put you on a course of anti-biotic to give a chance for the infection & inflammation to reduce before going in for any further explorative measures. So its apt that you go for a detailed discussion giving your history in detail if you have missed any during your last visit.

with best regards,

Dr.Renjusha

Expert:  Dr Heal replied 8 years ago.

Dear dardar,

Please dont hesitate to ask for any clarifications anytime.

with best regards,

Dr.Renjusha