Internist
Internist, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Board Certified in 2 Specialties, VERIFIED,American, trained and located in United States
13024878

urine very orange appears concentrated stomach pain

Category: Health
Expert:  Internist replied 8 years ago.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-What sex (are you) / (is the person you're asking about)?

-How old (are you) / (is the person you're asking about)?

-What (have you) / (has the person you're asking about) already tried?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
male aged58 drinking water to try and flush system
Expert:  Internist replied 8 years ago.
Well,

what is the nature of your stomach pain? Do you have nausea or vomiting or diarrhea? Do you have a fever or chills? Have you had any evaluation of your stomach? Does food make your stomach better or worse?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
i am not vomiting but food makes the upper stomach worse(pain) this has been over three days but only today is the urine very orange.i am on no medication but simmilar happend over two wks ago but after two days i was back to normal again urine was slightly orange at that time.
Expert:  Internist replied 8 years ago.

If you are on no medication the most likely explanation for your orange urine is that you are dehydrated. When you are dehydrated your urine becomes more concentrated and will have a darker appearance which may take on the color of orange. If this were to persist a simple urine analysis would be able to tell if you have any abnormalities in your urine.

Regarding your stomach pain you most likely have a gastritis. This may be due to a viral inflammation of the stomach which is most likely especially at this time of the year. This should pass within 48-72 hours but may last up to a week. In the meantime I would take a relatively bland diet and make certain that you take ample fluids. You may obtain over-the-counter Prilosec and take one at breakfast and one at bedtime. this should relieve the stomach upset. You may also want to take Mylanta two tablespoons twice a day.

If your symptoms persist you will need to see a doctor for further examination.

Please click "ACCEPT" (GREEN) so I can get credit for my work. Please take a moment to leave a POSITIVE feedback which is helpful to me. This response is for your information only and does not substitute for a visit to your doctor.