Pauline, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Medical Doctor & Registered Pharmacist. Worked as Community pharmacist for 17 years.

Since yesterday i have been feeling dizzy and light headed.

Customer Question

Since yesterday i have been feeling dizzy and light headed. When i go to stand up i feel worse like i am going to fall at times. Also when i stand i feel like i am gonna ge sick. And today my head is starting to hurt. What could this be?
Category: Health
Expert:  Pauline replied 7 years ago.

What is your age?

How has your health been recently?

Do you know your blood pressure?

Does the room spin?

Do you take any medication?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I am 29. My health has been pretty good i think. I am not sure what my BP is. This morning shortly after i woke up after using the restroom. I went and layed back down when i closed my eyes the room was spinning. I am not taking any meds.
Expert:  Pauline replied 7 years ago.

There are two main reasons for your symptoms. The first is low blood pressure, this is less common in a young adult unless there is dehydration from excess exercise or an underlying infection.

The other possibility is that this is an inner ear disorder, this can be commonly associated with head colds or an infection in the apparatus that controls balance. Treatment is short term use of medication to stabilize the dizziness (betahistine)

I would recommend that you see a doctor. He/she can check your blood pressure and then evaluate your symptoms for the inner ear problem before arranging appropriate treatment.