Internist, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Board Certified in 2 Specialties, VERIFIED,American, trained and located in United States

I found a dime size lump under my armpit this morning when

I found a dime size lump under my armpit this morning when takeing a shower, when I touch it it is sore. What could this be?
<br />
<br /> do you have any infection on your hand or anywhere on your arm?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
There is a slite red spot were the lump is, but no infection on hand or arm.
Hello again,

This small lump is most likely is one of two things. First is a small lymph node which has become swollen and noticeable. A lymph node is a collection of cells in your body that fights infection. Often times when there is an infection the white cells collect in the lymph node lymph node and can become swollen and often painful. Usually there is some type of infection in the area away from the lymph node because as the blood drains from the area of the infection it will collect cells in the lymph node. The other possibility is that you have an ingrown hair follicle that has become swollen and irritated. Either way I would suggest you monitor it for the next several days. If it becomes larger, more painful or does not go away I would suggest that you see a doctor to examine it. He might want to carefully examine other areas on your body to see if there are any other swellings. Hopefully this is helpful to you.

Please click "ACCEPT" (GREEN) so I can get credit for my work. Please take a moment to leave a POSITIVE feedback which is helpful to me. This response is for your information only and does not substitute for a visit to your doctor.I have