Dr. Su S
Dr. Su S, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  25 years of clinical experience

What should I do about my Swollen Tonsils

2 weeks ago I noticed that my Tonsils were red and had little white patches on them. I went to the doc and he gave me antibiotics. After taking them the redness and white patches went away.

However, I noticed they are still swollen. They are not red and still do not have any white patches.

Also, I have no other symptoms including fever or sore throat. And, I have never had trouble with my Tonsils in the past.

What should I do?

The swelling of any lymphoid tissue like tonsil will take time to go back to normalcy . If you do not have redness, pain or fever then you need not be worried. .You need to observe it . If there is recurrence of symptoms then you need to consult doctor to have throat swab test.& further treatment.

Hope this information will help you.
Wish your early recovery.
Any query, please ask.