Dr. Su S
Dr. Su S, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  25 years of clinical experience

I am about to have ACL surgery tomorrow and I am a bit nervous

I am about to have ACL surgery tomorrow and I am a bit nervous of all the medications. I feel I should take a lexapro before surgery because I need to maintain my comfort and not have an attack. But I don't think that all the med's work well together. I already saw that one mediction said that I can't take the other while on it. My lexapro is 20 mg I don't take it everyday. But I think it should at least be in my system before tomorrow. Help what should I do?

In anesthesia there will usually be premedication which will have some sedative effect. It is not possible to know which medicines you will get tomorrow. You need to consult the anesthesiologogist who can help you to find if there be any medicine which will interact with lexapro.

Hope this information will help you.
Wish your early recovery.
Any query, please ask.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
So I shouldn't take one today at all? I wasn't planning on taking one tomorrow at all. Just today to have it in my system.
Lexapro has a long half life & remain within the system for long ., so if you can consult with your doctor regarding the other medicines then it will be a safe option to take it.