Susan Ivy
Susan Ivy, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  BSN, MSN, CNS

I was just wondering is this is a medical condition....Ive

Customer Question

I was just wondering is this is a medical condition....I've been losing a lot of weight from my legs no where else but my legs, actually from my pelvic area down to my legs. Not only that I also have frequent pain in my neck, shoulders, and a little below my clavicle area, and I also get frequent stomach pains, with mild diarrhea. Is this normal?
Category: Health
Expert:  Susan Ivy replied 7 years ago.

Thank you for writing JA with your question.

No this is not normal.

This could be a sign of an endocrine disorder, Graves disease, Addisons disease, etc.

It is important that you have an physical exam and work-up.

If you have additional symptoms we might be able to come to a closer idea of what exactly is going on. For example, do you have fatigue, or hyperactivity? Are you sleeping well? What is your stress level like? There are many factors to look at. An examination of your blood values would be helpful, as well as a full history.