Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years as clinician in the field of Family Practice
13781349

I was diagnosed torn right knee meniscus and tumor in my femur

Customer Question

I was diagnosed torn right knee meniscus and tumor in my femur on same leg. Recently i had flare up of meniscus pain, noticed befor Thanksgiving that when on my knees, my right knee was hurting and could not put weight on it, on Thanksgiving morning I remembered and looked at my knee, my whole knee was red and swollen felt as if I had water on my knee, my whole knee is till redish purple (pretty Bad) and hurts if i kneel. Could the bruising be caused by the meniscus or the tumor? Help.
Category: Health
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 8 years ago.
The swelling and bruising in the knee is more likely related to the meniscus tear within the knee joint rather than a tumor of the femur. I suggest you use an ice pack on it 15 minutes three times a day for about three days, elevate the leg to the extent practical, and try light compression with an Ace wrap. This may also benefit from an anti-inflammatory med such as Alave or Advil. I hope this helps. Best Regards, XXXXX XXXXX MD