Dr. Su S
Dr. Su S, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  25 years of clinical experience
9324755

my mouth and a peg thing on my nose and i had to breath..face..back

today i had to get a breathing test done and i had a mouthpirce in my mouth and a peg thing on my nose and i had to breath out really hard and fast then she told me to take a deep breath in and when i did it felt like i was breathing in like gaes or sumthing is that normal as i am so so scared and now i feel really really hot in the face and why is that...please get back to me asap please....
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Su S replied 8 years ago.

Greetings,

During the test you need to take in air as much as you can & then forcing it out. They then measure your capacity & rate of fow etc. It is normal. There will be no other gas . Do not worry, worrying will increase your anxiety.

Hope this information will help you.
Wish your early recovery.
Any query, please ask.
Regards.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
well it was like when i breathed in i had to take as much in when i did it felt like i was breathing sumthing else in too
Expert:  Dr. Su S replied 8 years ago.
There can not be something else as there were other medical personnel present. They could detect it because they were also breathing the same air.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
how are they breathing in some
Expert:  Dr. Su S replied 8 years ago.
Did you ask them? Can you write down the tests you have taken today ? Have you got the results?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
the test was a lung volume test and no they wouldnt tell me anything as she said it was not her job to tell me and no the results go to the doctor i am seein on wednesday so can you tell me what happened then and what is meant to happen in that test...
Expert:  Dr. Su S replied 8 years ago.
As you are not able to get the detailed report it is difficult to tell . Please read this resource about your test s. The gas or air whatever was used will not be harmful for you

http://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/lung-function-tests?page=3