Salar, Doctor
Experience:  int.medicine board eligible, research fellowship cardiology.. working at UTMCK

When I got home I stretched for a few minutes and then jumped

I went to te gym and worked out eralier. When I got home I stretched for a few minutes and then jumped in the shower. While I was in the shower I started not feeling well. By the time I got out I had severe lower abdominal pain. I feel like I am freezing but I do not have a fever. Its been a couple of hours and the pain has subsided a little. When I sit kind of scrunched up with my knees to my chest I feel much better. When I start walking around the pain starts to return. I felt fine during my workout. What could this be? Should I be concerned?
Category: Health
Expert:  Salar replied 7 years ago.
where exactly is the pain.. any associated nausea and vomiting... does it hurt to pee .. medlist and medical history .. any unusual exercise today.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
the pain is in my lower abdomen, I am nauseated. It does not hurt to pee. I am not taking any medications right now and I do not have any medical conditions. I had just gotten back from the gym but that is not that unusual.
Expert:  Salar replied 7 years ago.
well lower abdominal pain could have several reasons including stomach ulcers( usually linked with food ), urinary tract infection( dysuria and frequency), pelvic inflammatory disease ( in sexually active females), ovarian cysts or premenstrual cramping/bloating etc . I would recommend that you see your doctor and ER if it is not getting any better. you may need some sort of imaging like USD or CT along with physical exam
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Should I go to ER tonight, or can it wait til tomorrow. Is there any reason to not take some ibuprophen or something like that. I don't want to go to ER if its not that serious.
Expert:  Salar replied 7 years ago.
you can take tylenol in limited amount but avoid ibuprofen but until stomach ulcers have been ruled out. you will have to make that call. if the pain is real bad and not getting better or keeps coming back then ER would be the place to go.