Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years as clinician in the field of Family Practice

I have being in the hospital for an intensive right upper abdominal

I have being in the hospital for an intensive right upper abdominal pain. I had a surgery they removed my gallbladder a year ago. this pain is getting worst everyday. They don't know what's going on with me. I don't know if you can help me. is this normal?
Category: Health
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 7 years ago.

First of all, abdominal pain is not normal. I would suggest that you see a family practice MD, an internal medicine MD or a gastroenterologist. The great limitation to the ER is time; they basically have to figure out whether you need to be admitted to the hospital or not and if not just quickly put a bandaid on your particular problem and move on. The ER is not set up to follow a problem over time. Some of the possibilities of abdominal and/or right upper quadrant pain may include a stomach ulcer, pancreatitis, hepatitis, a gall stone in the bile tract even without a gall bladder is possible. A problem with the upper small intestine or part of the large intestine are also possible. It would be best to pursue this diagnosis with an MD in an office setting who can set up tests and see you in follow up. I hope this helps give you the right direction, Anthony Bray MD