Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine

Dear Dr. Arun, Thank you for your answer to my question on

Dear Dr. Arun, Thank you for your answer to my question on my rotater cuff tear surgery. I am the biggest baby when it comes to pills. They gave me darvaset (spelling?) when i was going through the surgery the first time but then continued with motrin 800 when i got home. I was an outpaitent the first time. My doctor said i might have to spend one night in the hospital for observation. Is this true or will there be more? other than that, you have answered my question.

Usually the overnight admission is what require after the open rotator cuff tear surgery. This is more related for anesthesia effect to wane of completely. After that there is no reason for keeping one in hospital, as all people are able to take almost everything orally and are up for daily activities of living.

You are welcome.

It is pleasure assisting you.

Best wishes and kindest regards.

Dr. Arun