Salar, Doctor
Experience:  int.medicine board eligible, research fellowship cardiology.. working at UTMCK

I keep having muscle cramps in my lower legs and feet. They

I keep having muscle cramps in my lower legs and feet. They cause the toes and feet to be pulled in the dirction of the cramp. I get them mostly when my feet and[or legs get cold.
Category: Health
Expert:  Salar replied 7 years ago.
excessive exercise, muscle fatigue and holding a position for long can cause muscle cramps. other causes include inadequate blood supply, mineral deficiency like potassium, magnesium and calcium and nerve compression.if they occur only atnight then restless leg syndrome and its causes should be ruled. you should see your doctor for an exam and some basic blood work like CBC N BMP . please read the links for details
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Ive had a cbc done this year and everything was normal at that time.
Expert:  Salar replied 7 years ago.
ok thats good. I would recommend getting BMP which looks at sodium, potassium and magnesium/calcium.