Dr Singh
Dr Singh, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MD
13601825

Immediately after ejaculation I get a horrible headache starting

Immediately after ejaculation I get a horrible headache starting in the top, back of my head and down my neck. What could be causing this?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr Singh replied 8 years ago.

Greetings,

Most probably you had Tension-type headache typically causes pain that radiates in a band-like fashion bilaterally from the forehead to the occiput. Pain often radiates to the neck muscles and is described as tightness, pressure, or dull ache.

the reasons for this in your case may be a result of heightened emotions, normally treatment with tension-type headache should include recommending effective OTC analgesic agents (But if you have repeated episodes of headache then a consultation with doctor is must so as to rule out the possible hidden cause)

just try some home remidies and you will be fine

Rest, ice packs or a long, hot shower may be all you need to relieve a tension headache.S

stress is a commonly reported trigger for tension headache.(after ejaculation in your case) just sit back allow more time to relax. A variety of relaxation techniques are useful in coping with tension headache.A hot bath or shower also may help.

Massage is a wonderful way to relieve muscle tension.

i hope this advice will help you

regards.

Please click "ACCEPT" if I answered your question to your satisfaction so that I may get credit for my work.
Please leave a POSITIVE FEEDBACK if you are satisfied by my answer.a BONUS will be highly apriciated.