Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years as clinician in the field of Family Practice

my legs such as black and purple marks around my ankles

Customer Question

Hi, I am a 19 year old female. Over the last couple of months I have experienced a variety of painful symptoms that I have come to associate with some kind of autoimmune disease, after my own extensive research. I started noticing bruises appear on my legs such as black and purple marks around my ankles just after wearing socks. I also have strange surfacing blood vessels in my legs often times with purple and blue "bruises". My other symptoms include extreme fatigue, joint pain accompanied by occasional burning and swelling as well as back, neck, and side pain, and body weakness. I also have headaches, occasional fevers where my body shakes and my heart starts racing. I finally went to the doctor when it became too painful to walk. They have run a variety of blood tests including anemia, lupus, mono, rheumatoid arthritis and many others and they still don't know whats wrong with me, or even seem concerned. I was able to find out from my doctor visits that my white blood cell count as well as my blood pressure is fluxuating. Can you give me any idea whats wrong with me or what I can do from this point?
Category: Health
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 7 years ago.
At this point I would recommend that you see a rheumatologist. You may be right that you may have an autoimmune type disease process with the diffuse joint aching and all. You may try Advil 200mg tabs OTC 1 up to max of 4 tabs once every eight hours to see if these benefits the aches.If not already tested then checking your thyroid function would also be in order.Moderate exercise and strecthing may benefit you and would be worth trying. Continue follow up with the MD of your choice as I doubt everything will be sorted out in 1 or 2 visits. Good Luck, Anthony Bray MD