Salar, Doctor
Experience:  int.medicine board eligible, research fellowship cardiology.. working at UTMCK

ear infection in my right ear, right after that I got left ear

I went to my doctor on Tuesday of last week for an ear infection in my right ear, right after that I got one in my left ear only with more pain, my doctor prescribed me an antibiotic but my left ear still has pain and is draining and I am not able to hear out of either ear now, what could this be? Any suggestions?
Category: Health
Expert:  Salar replied 7 years ago.
well this means that the infection is not controlled by the antibiotic you were given probably need stronger antibiotics and repeat evaluAtion to ensure that the ear drums are not ruputred or involved due to infection.. please see your doc again or go to ENT.