Edward Johnson
Edward Johnson, U.S. Army Medic
Experience:  U.S. Army Medical Services Corps, and Special Forces Med School, Ft. Sam Houstan, Tx; EMT U.AK

I have been urinating very frequently, at least 20 times daily.

I have been urinating very frequently, at least 20 times daily. I also have been getting very bad headaches and have been hungry all th time. I never seem to be full. I am also sick to my stomach at times. I am tired all the time, all I want to do is sleep. I am a 22 year old female, can you tell me what's wrong?
Category: Health
Expert:  Edward Johnson replied 7 years ago.

Dear Babygirl,

thank you for your question.

when was the last time you had intercourse?

when was your last period?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The last time I had intercourse was yesterday. My last period started on November 22, 2008 and ended November 26, 2008.

Dear babygirl,

And how long has all of this been going on, the tired feeling and the urination?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
For about a month and a half

Dear babygirl,

Thank you for the intake.

I am concerned about two things here mainly.

That this group of symptoms could signal that you are possibly pregnant, even if you just had a period on the 22d of November. While it is less likely, it is still a possibility.

The other thing is diabetes. Diabetes is accompanied frequency of urination, feeling tired, and feeling hungry. The blood sugar and frequency of urination can cause you to become dehydrated and to get headaches.

If you go to your physician for an examination and diagnosis, he or she will most likely at least do a urinalysis or blood test to rule out PG as a matter of routine. While I think it is more likely than not you are not pregnant, it is still a possibility.

Please be advised that this does not constitute a definitive diagnosis, but merely reflects what the combination of symptoms you presented appear to be most likely caused by.

It takes a physical examination, blood and urine tests to confirm this or any other condition.