drknowsbest
drknowsbest, Doctor
Experience:  DO board certified family practitioner spec. in womens health

I have been having alot of tingling in my left temple area.

I have been having alot of tingling in my left temple area. Not numbness but a tickelish sort of feeling that comes and goes with no pattern. My son did accidentially hit me there with his head awhile ago but Im not sure if this is why.
Category: Health
Expert:  drknowsbest replied 5 years ago.
Hello Customer!
If this is not pain and there is no burning or rash then it is likely from the incident when your son hit you. Some inflammation or bruising from an injury like that can impinge or press on superficial (shallow) nerves that can cause this type of sensation.
Danger signs for other types of problems are burning or rash like chicken pox (shingles), pain or visual change, redness of the skin or warmth. In the meantime some ice and the mortin should help over the next couple of days.
Good Luck
and be careful.
:)
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
If this has been going on for 3 weeks should it have resided by now? Thanks
It depends on how hard you were hit. Superficial nerves can take a while to regenerate and actually may never (as in the situation of surgical incision areas). The only way to know for sure is to see your dr, but without the danger signs I mentioned the probability of it being anything more serious is low.
Vascular problems and neuralgias usually develop into the above over this period.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
thank you so much for the information :-)
no problem
please accept if you are satisfied!
drknowsbest, Doctor
Experience: DO board certified family practitioner spec. in womens health