Internist
Internist, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Board Certified in 2 Specialties, VERIFIED,American, trained and located in United States
13024878

i have a growth below my waist on the let side at about belt

Customer Question

i have a growth below my waist on the let side at about belt height. It started wih a small growth and has goten biger with some pain the pain has stopped but it is ozzing mucus and blood.
Category: Health
Expert:  Internist replied 8 years ago.
hello,

This could be a simple carbuncle which is a possibility pimple like swelling. You may try placing warm soaks over that area to allow the blood and mucus to escape. More importantly this lesion could represent something more serious such as a malignant growth in the skin. It may also represent and what is called a fistula which is a passage to the skin from the internal organs. It may also represent some type of an insect bite. The fact that it is getting bigger and with all the above in mind you need to see a Dr. so he can directly visualize and examine the lesion and make certain it is not anything serious.

Please click "ACCEPT" (GREEN) so I can get credit for my work. Please take a moment to leave a POSITIVE feedback which is helpful to me. This response is for your information only and does not substitute for a visit to your doctor.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
what about the bowel blockage for 4 days
Expert:  Internist replied 8 years ago.

Unfortunately this site allows further information to come and after I have answered your initial question. The fact that you're constipated for four days may or may not be related to this lesion that you describe. For temporary relief I would recommend taking a Fleets Enema and also over-the-counter MiraLax as directed. If you have not had an evaluation of your colon you should see a physician and have your stool checked for hidden blood and then he may consider doing a colonoscopy. Try the measures that I mentioned in this should take care of the problem until you can see your doctor.