Doctor G.
Doctor G., Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Internal Medicine / Cardiology / Endocrine questions
12907602

what is the most number of stents in a human and how many total

Customer Question

what is the most number of stents in a human and how many total would be considered safe?
Category: Health
Expert:  Doctor G. replied 8 years ago.
Customer
Thank you for the question.

Are you talking about coronary (heart) artery stents?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
yes
Expert:  Doctor G. replied 8 years ago.
There is not set number. Stents differ by length. Your coronary arteries are also different in length. There is no set number for safety, however, the more metal inside, the bigger the risk of having a clot formation. This too, of course, differs on the type of stent and the medication you take afterwards.

This website may have some more information:
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/angioplasty/HQ00485

If I've answered your question, kindly press 'ACCEPT' so that I may be paid for my work. It does not cost extra!
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
what is the most stents in numbers that one human has no matter the size of each?
Expert:  Doctor G. replied 8 years ago.
that cannot be answered that simply. if you have an artery 50mm in length and the disease area is 47mm, your choices of stent differs in size from 9mm to 32 mm, the amount you stents you get will depend on your doctor.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I want to know the highest individual number in a humant that was my basic question
Expert:  Doctor G. replied 8 years ago.
I'm sorry. There is no set answer, with X-amount. The doctor may decides to put in 7 stents in one artery, 5 in another and 9 in a third. Another doctor may decide, for the same area may want to put in a longer stent which will cut down on the number of the stents.
I'm not sure there is an actual record of the most stents in a human body.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
again my question is how many is the total number of individual stents is the most recorded for one person, no matter the sizes etc.
Expert:  Doctor G. replied 8 years ago.
Sorry, as I stated about there is no international/national database that compiles that information.

I check out the website http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com but It wasn't there either.
I have personally seen 11.