Nurse Milli, RN
Nurse Milli, RN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  20 years experience in many areas of Nursing. Both Hospital and Private Practice experience.

I have a sharp pain right under my left side cheek bone and

I have a sharp pain right under my left side cheek bone and it is causing pain on side of my face, and the left side of my top teeth, and headaces. It has been like this for a week now and i would like to know what is causing it.
Category: Health
Expert:  Nurse Milli, RN replied 5 years ago.

Hi there

Sounds like you may have a sinus infection or abscessed tooth. I would suggest you to have a sinus xray to see if there might be some involvement there. In the meantime, you could take some over the counter decongestants (as per the manufacturers directions) to help with the pressure if you are stuffy. Also, Advil and Tylenol will help with the pain. Applying warm, wet compresses will also relieve the facial pain.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The pain is real bad today though what should i do? I cant close my teeth together, my whole side of my mouth is sore and cheek

What is your age??

Have you had your wisdom teeth removed??

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I am 19 And no i have had no teeth removed.

I did just get bracers off about 2-3 months ago.

Are you having sinus symptoms like stuffiness, drainage, or any other respiratory symptoms?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I am bit stuffy with my nose. but i thought that may have been from the cold i just got over. And this morning when i blew my nose it felt and looked like water or whatever just leeked, ran out of my nose.

I would suggest that you may have a sinus infection, bad tooth or an impacted wisdom tooth that needs extracting. Both will cause the symptoms that you are describing. You will either need to see a Dentist or Urgent Care clinic/walk in clinic, or ER. The ER may be the best option for you if you are not getting any relief from the pain relievers that you have already tried.
Nurse Milli, RN, Nurse (RN)
Experience: 20 years experience in many areas of Nursing. Both Hospital and Private Practice experience.