Susan Ivy
Susan Ivy, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  BSN, MSN, CNS
8413180

my ears have been swishing both sides with a whoosh sound,

Customer Question

my ears have been swishing both sides with a whoosh sound, for the last few days. I take vaotec 5 mg. and hydro .25 once a day for high blood pressure.   I also take cymbalta 120 mg. day.   fenabrite for cholesterol. zanex up to 2 pills. each pill is .25     I keep wanting to fall asleep and I can't stay awake. I have been sleeping much of the day.    There has been a problem with burning stinging feet, bright red for the past year and I do not have diabetes, The whole feet where involved and now it is basically the padding before the toes and toes, although now the feet will swell. It happens sitting, standing, or laying down. withing 15 minutes of walking on cement shopping.   The pain is excruciating.
Category: Health
Expert:  Susan Ivy replied 5 years ago.

DearCustomer

Thank you for writing Justanswer with your concerns.

Are you able to take your blood pressure?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes I can take blood pressure
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

My blood pressure is 108/60 and pulse is 94 My ears have quit swishing at this time. I feel very tired and my head hurts a little in the front. not much just am aware of it.

from 8 pm. last night 144/70 pulse 91 and has steadily gone down to 111/63 95 pulse at 11 pm last night

so that is good.

Expert:  Susan Ivy replied 5 years ago.

Sorry for the delay I was on another question.

So your blood pressure not excessively elevated. That is good news.

But hearing the pulse in the ear can be associated with vascular disorder, such as a-v malformation, carotid bruit, or also pulsitile tinnuitis.

I think to some degree we all hear all pulse at times., but if yours seems different, more frequent or louder, it is important that you see your doctor to rule out any problems.

You have other issues to be address as well. I have to answer another reply, so will get back to you again.

Susan Ivy, Nurse (RN)
Experience: BSN, MSN, CNS
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Susan,

Thank you for your response. I will have the doctor check out your comments on the swishing/pulsing sound in my ears. The sound I hear in both ears is acute and loud enough that I cannot concentrate on or hear very well what I am listening to, so yes it is a lot different that anything that goes on every day, much different.

I have mentioned this to doctor and am to go have an ultrasound and echo test done, so I hope that this will help her answer what is wrong with me.

I also suspect that I have PAD and am going to ask that the test for that be done also.

It is extremely frustrating to go through this for over a year and not have any real answers as to what is wrong and how it can be treated or if it can.

Thank you for your help!

Are you going to address any of my other issues or should I just check for a second opinion from another doctor, which might help my doctor? Carol

Expert:  Susan Ivy replied 5 years ago.

Yes, I sure will I'm sorry, I just re-read your post.

When is your US and Echo ordered for your ears?

If you have Peripheral Artery Disease, then this could be a clue as to what is the possible problem with your ears too. Since you do not have diabetes, I would suggest you focus on cholesterol and homocysteine. This is something your doctor may have checked and you may be aware of. Cholesterol and poor HDL/LDL rations, high triglycerides, and high inflammation, leads to increased vascular problems. I can give you some home remedies for lowering your cholesterol and improving your HDL/LDL and homeocysteine if you are interested. Let me know if you would like that information. It involves supplements (fiber, fish or flax seed oil) and dietary awareness of inflammatory foods.

I'm going to start with your sleep problem. Sleep is so important, and lack of proper sleep has been shown now to cause problems like depression and fibromyalgia, so I see this as the next priority to discuss with you. I realize the ear issue being that loud may effect the quality of your sleep as well, is that true?

Can you explain the sleep problem in more detail. What time of the day are you taking your cymbalta, and what times of day are you taking the xanax? Also, what times of day are you taking your vicodin.

I'll look for your reply.

Susan