Dr. Su S
Dr. Su S, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  25 years of clinical experience

How To Delay Sperm Release During Sex?

When I have sex my sperm release is within three minutes. How to delay it for at least 10 minutes?

I live in Dubai and am 25 years.

Please suggest a tablet, instructions along with genetic name of the medicine.

Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Su S replied 7 years ago.

Since how long? Any medicine tried?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

From the beginning. I started having sex two years back.

Since the beginning I have faced this I cant have sex for long because of this situation. I havent tried any medicine yet.

Please give me a medicine available in Dubai.

Expert:  Dr. Su S replied 7 years ago.

Thank you for the input.

There are many causes for this condition. It can be due to inflammation or infection of the prostate and urethra, hormonal abnormalities, neurological conditions, medicine etc,

But a major portion is having a psychogenic origin, anxiety or tension states. If any disease is not found then you can take a few steps to delay the ejaculation. This can be masturbating 1-2 hour before the sex, application of local anesthetic to the penis. There are some techniques called squeeze & start - stop technique which you can get in the following resource.

Some medicines mainly antidepressants are also used though not approved by FDA, You need to consult an urologist to have a consultation & find out the problem.

Hope this information will help you.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I consulted an urologist and he gave me this medicine but I have little doubt as this may use for mental depression. Medicine is "TOFRANIL" genetically they have mentioned as 'Tricyclic' antidepressant noradrenaline/serontonin re uptake blocker.

Could you please tell me if this is harmful and tell me how this medicine works?

Also I have to use this before sex or every day even while not having sex.

Thank you.

Expert:  Dr. Su S replied 7 years ago.
I think you have read the webpage I have given. You can try the squeeze, start and stop technique, local anesthetic etc. If they do not work, you have to take the medicine what was prescribed by your doctor. Tofranil is also used as anti psychotic drug. You have to take them regularly daily and make follow up with doctor for dose adjustment.