DrWeyrich
DrWeyrich, Doctor
Experience:  Naturopathic Medical Doctor licensed by state of Arizona since 2007. PhD Orgainic Chemistry (1982).
13646900
Health

the bottom of my feet turn a bright red, shiny, then the area

between the tip of my... Show More
between the tip of my toes turns white, then my feet often turn purple on the toes. my feet are always cold and feel heavy at times and pringly. my legs from the knees down have spots that come and go when my legs get cold and my feet are always freezing especially my toes. I have pitting edema in my ankles and I am on a diuretic. Do I have raynauds?
Category: Health
replied 8 years ago.

Your symptoms are consistent with Raynaud's Disease or Raynaud's Phenomena. You need a physical exam to confirm and distinguish between the two.

There are several pharmacological approaches to treatment of Raynaud's Disease.

Treatment of Raynaud's Phenomena (which is associated with some other underlying condition, such as scleroderma) depends on identifying the underlying cause.

Smoking can make the problem worse, as can drugs that cause vasoconstriction.

It is important to examine your feet regularly for ulcers or signs of infection.

DrWeyrich, Doctor replied 8 years ago.

Hi - I have not yet heard back from you regarding my answer to your question. Please let me know if you need additional information.

I am always available for follow up if needed. If this has been helpful, please click the green "accept" button below. Bonuses for helpful answers are greatly appreciated.

Best Regards, XXXXX