Terry, Nurse, RN, BSN
Experience:  Adult/ Respiratory/ Neonatal ICU, Pediatric/Adolescent Care, Geriatrics, Patient/Parent Counseling

I do to help my snoring problems, my boyfriend told me hes concern

what can I do to help my snoring problems, my boyfriend told me he's concern it may need medical attention.
Category: Health
Expert:  Terry replied 7 years ago.

Hello dimples!

Since you and your family express concern about your snoring, it is advised that you discuss it with your primary physician and furthermore with an ear-nose-throat specialist, ENT physician. An ENT doctor can do appropriate examination and testing to determine if your nasal passages or soft palate in the back of your throat are causing the problem and if treatment is necessary to attempt to lessen the snoring. Some people begin snoring as they get older because of certain environmental factors that they've been exposed to. The doctor will take a full history from you to determine if this is the case. In the meantime, you can try to change your sleeping position as that sometimes helps a little, although it is not a cure. Try lying on your side with your head on a medium pillow, not to high. It is good that you have the recording of your snoring, as this might give the doc a little more insight. Good luck to you!

Stay Well!