Dr.Saurabh Joshi
Dr.Saurabh Joshi, Doctor
Experience:  Physician,Neuro and Vascular Interventional Radiologist
8591189

When I urinate, the urine bubbles up or looks like soap .

When I urinate, the urine "bubbles up" or looks "like soap". Is my body releasing something bad? There is no problem with flow, it just look bubbling soap. I know it sounds crazy, but I thought I should ask someone. Thanks. Patrick
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr.Saurabh Joshi replied 8 years ago.

Since when do you have this symptom ?

Do you have a fever or any discomfort while passing urine ?

Does your urine appear yellow / altered color than usual ?

Please let me know.

Regards,

Dr.Joshi

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
About 4 weeks. There is no discomfort when I urinate. Flow is fine. The color is very light yellow. It sometimes looks like water. I have been urinating more than usual. I get up maybe once or twice in the middle of the night. Also, Diabetes runs in my family as well as high blood pressure, but I haven't been checked in awhile. Could this be related to any of these things?

Bubbles or a frothy urine can be caused by an increased Protein content in the Urine and can be a sign of reduced kidney function.

This can be associated with Diabetes and since you have a positive family history of Diabetes, I suggest you get that looked into by a doctor.

This can be caused by an increased flow of urine causing entrapment of air bubbles in urine causing a frothy appearance.

Please see your doctor and get a Blood Sugar test to look for Diabetes and a Urine Protein analysis for presence of proteins in Urine.

I hope this answer helps you.

Kindest Regards,

Dr.Joshi

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Thankyou Doctor. So this isn't really a sign of diabetes?

I will still go and see my doctor about the diabetes as well as a general checkup.

This can be a sign of Diabetes, you would be better advised to have a Blood Sugar test and a Urine Protein test done.

I hope this answer helps you.

Kindest Regards,

Dr.Joshi