Carole, Nurse
Experience:  20+ years professional experience in emergency nursing, skilled, HIV Certified educator

experiencing abdominal pain especially when I go to sit down.

experiencing abdominal pain especially when I go to sit down. Increase in discharge and pain during intercourse
Category: Health
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Age: 38; Female, Pennsylvania

Already Tried:
Nothing. As I said the abdominal pain isn't to bad but sharp if I sit down to hard. weight gain and discharge. The discharge is not foul smelling but thick. Uncomfortable during intercourse.
Expert:  Carole replied 7 years ago.

Can you please tell me...

How long have you been experiencing the abdominal pain?

Is the pain in lower area of abdomen? towards right, left or middle of abdomen?

Have you been having a "normal" menses (if applicable)?

When are you due to start menses (if applicable)?

Thank You,

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Normal periods and on time. little heavier then normal but I stopped birth control several months ago. My husband and I use protection. pain started a few weeks ago. Pain comes and goes I believe it is mostly towards my left but uncomfortable through out my abdomin area. Period a week away but this started a week after my last.
Expert:  Carole replied 7 years ago.

Abdominal pain can be stemming from a multiple of conditions and/or organs. This sounds as it may be more related to the ovary(s), uterus, or intestinal. Although this may be related to another organ or within the abdominal cavity, the symptoms of increase in discharge and/or pain with intercourse may be more closely related to the female organs. Cyst's, tumor's and other conditions may cause these similar symptoms to arise. General pain in the abdomen may be related to intestines, stomach, kidney(s), pancreas, liver, bladder and other's.

Due to the symptoms you are experiencing, I would suggest that you make an appointment with your Ob/Gyn doctor, as he/she may further examinate in order to determine if symptoms are stemming from here for diagnosis and treatment if necessary. He/she may further refer you to a gastric-specialist or primary care physician, if his/her findings are negative in respect to these organs, for further examination if needed.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank You,