Dr. Su S
Dr. Su S, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  25 years of clinical experience

I have had some blood in my stool, its bright red with clumps,

I have had some blood in my stool, its bright red with clumps, I have no pain when pooping. last week mon-sun I had strange stomach dismfort (kinda like stomach flu with diareah on the last day before my fever broke) any advice?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Su S replied 7 years ago.

Since when? How frequent? Amount? Any past illness?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Not every stool, but I typically use the stool three times a day, my wife is also concerned that I poop every time after I eat she says its not normal I say its my way of making more room. I typically will use the stool 30-60 minutes after I eat, and typically if I eat corn in a buritto for lunch than I will see the corn on my stool later that evening. The toilet isn't turned red, but at the bottom of the toilet their is enough blood to turn the water a red color, also my poop doesn't seem to have any blood in it, and it appears to be normally colors of brown
Expert:  Dr. Su S replied 7 years ago.
Thank you for the input,

Red & fresh blood in stool comes most likely from the lower part of the gut near anus or rectum. If it is painless it is likely to be bleeding from hemorrhoid. The increased frequency may come from infecton too.The other causes are from polyp, fissure , inflammatory bowel diseases or rarely from tumor. You should consult doctor & find out the cause & start treatment. Stool test & colonoscopy may be necessary.

Hope this information will help you.
Wish your early recovery.
Any query, please ask.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
What is the type of doctor I sould look for
Expert:  Dr. Su S replied 7 years ago.
You can look for a gastroenterologist.