Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, MD
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, MD, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Twenty years experience in active private practice
1725470

Sometimes my urine is very cloudy. In the morning when I wake

Sometimes my urine is very cloudy. In the morning when I wake up (often the longer I sleep the greater the pain), I feel pain in my right side right under my ribs. The pain feels like pressure, as if there is a bubble in my side. Throughout the day (more so in the morning), the right side of my stomach gurgles very loud. The sounds start low and end high, or the opposite. I feel this is all related. I went to the doctor and I may not have explained this very well because I was sent for back x-rays that came back fine. Any thoughts? Thank you!
Customer

Pain in the abdomen, especialy in the early morning when your stomach is empty in association with gurgling (gurgling indicates presence of gas)is usually a symptom of a peptic ulcer. there are two types of peptic ulcers - one in the stomach and one in the duodenum which is the first part of the small intestine. Your symptoms are typical of a duodenal ulcer.

Please consult your doctor again and ask for tests like esophagogastroscopy and barium meal xray. Meanhile please take sips of cold water through out the day to dilute the gastric acid and cool down the tissues. you can also take Nexium or Protonix, available OTC
to decrease acid secretion.

I hope this helps.

Let me know if you need more input. If not, please click on the green"Accept" button on this page. A positive rating and adding a bonus will be warmly appreciated.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Hi XXXXX

Thank you for the reply. Are there any effects of ignoring this problem? It has been about 3 years since this has been going on, and my last visit to the doctor was about 8 months ago. I am used to the pain by now but will likely get this taken care of soon. Thanks again,

- Ben
Ben,

Peptic ulcers can cause scarring at the site where it occurs. This can cause narrowing of the duodenaum and you may need to be operated on to remove the scarred areas and dilate the duodenum. This is not very common nowadays since treatment is usually started in the early stages.

Rarely, chronic ulcers can even turn cancerous.

It would be better for you to get examined and treated as early as possible although not on an emergency basis.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thanks again for the reply. I can go back to the doctor with some info. The first time I went, she asked me what I thought it was, so without much knowledge of this, I was sent for x-rays since I didn't explain very well the first time. Thanks again,
<p>Ben,</p><p> </p><p>You are welcome.</p>