Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.

The tip of my penis burns after an ejaculation. I was tested

Customer Question

The tip of my penis burns after an ejaculation. I was tested for all STD's, proactively given took 1g of Azrithromocyn for Chlamydia 4 days ago. The pain in my penis went away. All tests just came back negative. This morning I masturbated and the burning pain came back to the tip of penis for roughly 3 hours. Did I false test for Chlamydia? Does the antibiotic need more time? Or should I go to Urologist for further exams?
Category: Health
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Age: 39; Male, New York

Already Tried:
doctor
Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 5 years ago.

Since you have already been tested for STD's and also recieved antibiotics, this is not likely to be due to any infection.

A common cause of such burning sensation after urination is that, after ejaculation, some amount of semen remains behind in your urethra. Semen clots up after ejaculation, it then again breaks up within 5 minutes. If you urinate before this, your urine will force out a clump of semen causing some injury to the urethra. This causes a stinging/burning sensation, which appears slightly relieved by urination but again gets bad. The acidity of the urine further compounds this. This gets relieved if you give it rest for some time.

This becomes a vicious cycle, every time you ejaculate, the stinging will start again and then you will feel the need to urinate, and this will again start the cycle.

You will need to break the cycle, try not to urinate till at least 15 minutes after ejaculation. Also take urinary alkalisers like Bicitra or citrolith 2-3 tsf twice daily for about 5 days, this will give relief. Once the cycle is broken, you should not have the sensation again. After this, dont urinate again after ejaculation for at least 15 minutes after ejaculation. Also drink plenty of water.

I hope my answer has helped you. Please click on the green ‘accept' button below for accepting this answer. Feedback/Bonus will be appreciated.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

It has calmed down today...but it is still lighty there. I feel like my testicles and lower back are a little sore as they were yesterday as well. Would thye be sore given the condition you described above? Could there be a problem with my prostate? Also, the Herpes test is the only test that has yet to come back. Could that be the case? Certainly have no signs of sores or anything like that.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Also, the pain at the tip has lasted for days...it is not just immediately after and then disappears.
I do not think that you should worry about these things.

This does not seem related to any prostate infection or any STD. Herpes wold not cause this symptom normally without any other sympXXXXX XXXXXke sores.

You should just give more time for healing, keep off masturabation for some time, at least 2 weeks. i ma sure you will be normal after that.

If it persists after that, then you should approach your doctor again.

I hope my answer has helped you. Please click on the green 'accept' button below for accepting this answer. Feedback/Bonus will be appreciated.