Salar, Doctor
Experience:  int.medicine board eligible, research fellowship cardiology.. working at UTMCK

My daughter died of a tylenol pm overdose. Unfortunately it

My daughter died of a tylenol pm overdose. Unfortunately it takes 3 days to die from this. She died of acute liver failure. she had a garbage can next to her to throw up in. How sick was she and was she in pain from acute liver failure. All other organs were normal.
Category: Health
Expert:  Salar replied 7 years ago.
sorry to hear about your daughter.. what is your question about it?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Age: 54; Female, Florida

Already Tried:
looking up my question on the internet.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I want to know if she was in a lot of pain from acute liver failure and how long she was in pain and if she was so nauseated that if was unbearable and how bad the pain was
Expert:  Salar replied 7 years ago.
liver failure due to tylenol occurs due to inability of the liver to clear the toxic substances from the body. It can cause jaundice, bleeding disorder,encephalopathy ( confusion, agitation, altered mental status). Encephalopathy or altered mental status is painless... there may b pain in the area of liver. The death from liver failure is not too much painful as compared to cancer or bone disease. I feel that she did not suffer too much pain but obviously I have to be there to analyse it better. My sympathies are with you. Please follow this link for detailed information on liver failure