Dr. Gupta
Dr. Gupta, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Vastly experienced MD Physician with 19 years of experience.
239748

Large blood blister on my inner thigh

Customer Question

I have a large size blood blister on my inner thigh along with about 5 different areas that seem to be “skin tags”. I get blood blisters often and after a week or two they go away leaving a scar. I believe it is due to friction when my thighs rub together when in a skirt or with my jean pant leg after a long walk. Is there any other reason that I might be getting these so often that I should have checked out. How do I go about taking care of them as to not get scars? Is there a way to prevent them? And as for the skin tags what should I do to take care of them.

Age: 25; Female, Kansas

I have tried putting Band-Aids on the blister to stop the re-irritation. But it is so painful to the touch that it does little to help.

Category: Health
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Optional Information:
Age: 25; Female, Kansas
Already Tried:
Expert:  Dr. Gupta replied 8 years ago.
The friction seems to be causing the blood blisters,
The best way to manage this would be by trying to prevent it,
Here are a few tips for the same,
* Stay Hydrated, lack of fluid leads to salt deposition during sweating, causing more friction
* Walk with a slightly wider gait, you would need to be a bit careful initially, before it becomes natural
* Choose breathable, wicking fabrics for long walks .... Coolmax, Supplex, Polypro, etc are good choices. No cotton!
* Stay dry by using talcum powder/ Tom Toms Blister Shield
* For managing use an antibiotic cream, you could try A& D diaper rash cream too ! In some cases, this may work wonder,
Regards