Dr.Saurabh Joshi
Dr.Saurabh Joshi, Doctor
Experience:  Physician,Neuro and Vascular Interventional Radiologist

Feeling cold and nausea. Tongue and throat are rough and bumpy

Customer Question

I feel nauseous. My temp is 97.7 but I am jittery and cold, and when I made myself vomit I can feel that my tongue on the very back and down my throat is rough and bumpy. Are these symptoms connected and do they all point to anything in particular? Could it just be something I ate?

Category: Health
Expert:  Dr.Saurabh Joshi replied 7 years ago.

Do you have any difficulty in swallowing / breathing?
Do you have a diarrhea?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

No difficulty swallowing really, just a little bit of a sore throat and I feel more nauseous but my stomach does not feel very good. I felt a little queezy at my stomach when I went to bed and I woke up two hours later feeling more sick. I self induced vomiting to try and get whatever is in my stomach out. My temp now is 98.1.

This sounds like the beginnings of an upset stomach.
You need to drink lots of water and fluids so that you keep yourself hydrated. Please do not try to induce a vomit, as it can be potentially dangerous as some might enter the respiratory tract and cause more complications.
For now, please drink lots of water. That should settle down your stomach and if you do get a diarrhea, you can try OTC Imodium for relief or see your primary care physician for a prescription of antibiotics.
I hope this answer helps you.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Is it normal to have bumps and your tongue be very rough on the back and down the throat? I don't remember my tongue feeling like that.

Yes, there are red bumps on the very back of the tongue and can be felt if you push your finger down your throat. These are normal papillae on the back of the tongue and are normal.
I hope this helps you.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Thank you