Nurse Annie
Nurse Annie, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  PHD RN 40+ years in nursing all depts & units 20+ years as a midwife, certified lactation consultant
467755

My heart is racing, my chest feels tight, I cant breath well,

Customer Question

My heart is racing, my chest feels tight, I can't breath well, lightheaded, and starting to feel numb in places. And a headache is forming. What's wrong?
Category: Health
Expert:  Nurse Annie replied 8 years ago.
Customer

If you are having problems breathing and have chest pain, then you need to make a trip to the ER immediately. So please do call 911 or have someone bring you to the ER. It's possible that you are having a heart attack. Chest pain alone can be due to heart attack, angina, heartburn, panic attack, pleurisy, embolism, sore muscles, swallowing disorders, costochondritis, amongst other conditions. So please do see a doctor in the ER immediately to determine if this is the cause.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Is there a way I can request to not go to a specific hospital? The one closest to my home isn't very good. (They really messed me up last time.) Would a 911 operator request these wishes?

Also the numbness is mostly on the left side and I'm terribly confused and disoriented. Aren't I too young for a heart attack?
Customer

It depends on where you are and if it is a paid service or not. It could be any of the things I mentioned above, so it is worth getting checked out.