Dr. Vikas
Dr. Vikas, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  M.B.B.S ; M.D (Psychiatry and Deaddiction), MS. Health Informatics

Ive been taking Citalopram for the last 2 weeks and missed

I've been taking Citalopram for the last 2 weeks and missed a dose last night. I just took my next dose within the last hour and am waves of coldness spread through my body. I'm also afraid to go to sleep and feel as though I could forget to breathe.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Vikas replied 7 years ago.

In my view,if you were having no side effects with the Citalopram,and it was working fine for the last two weeks, by missing just one dose which you took just now ,this type of presentation because of the drug itself is a kind of unusual.

I am assuming, you are not taking others drug and alcohol or other substance of abuse!

There may also be a possibility of some other medical cause other than the drug itself!

If the condition persist or aggravate, you should contact your treating doctor immediately!

If you have any other question, please let me know!