Dr.Tiwari
Dr.Tiwari, Doctor.
Experience:  M.D.
8775652

groin..waist band when I do it,I have no bulge I am flat Its only

Customer Question

Hello     my name is XXXXX XXXXX I have a pain way down on my right groin,I am a nurse,also my bendix have been removed,I transfer a pt from wheelchair to bed every day.She is light I wear a waist band when I do it,I have no bulge I am flat Its only at the end of day, sometimes but when I get it I lay down and its gone, after about 15 minuites,never knew I had it, When I have it I cannot bend down to floor to pick up something,After sleeping allnight I do not have It till maybe end of day,When I relax or lay down again for 10 minutes or more it is gone.Can you help
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr.Tiwari replied 8 years ago.
Hello Audrey,
     Such type of pain may be because of three reasons either involvement of your spinal segment L1 or due to sacroiliac joint strain or involvement of hip.
The pain due to involvement of spine should be continuous & generally not relieved by lying down & aggravated by coughing.I think this pain may be due to excessive strain on the sacroiliac joint that may be due to some abnormal strain due to your work,You should check it & avoid the abnormal posture or acute angle bending at your hip.You may use a supportive lumber corset if you can.
   On the safe side you should have an x ray of your hip to rule out an early development of osteoarthritis so that you can start good medicines that can almost relieve your problem(like glucosamine,chondroitin or diacerin)
I think it will help you.
With Regards.