R Makaza
R Makaza, Doctor
Experience:  Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MB ChB)with Honours in Surgery. 7 years experience.

Im a 38 year old,healthy,and about 3-4 months pregnant with

I'm a 38 year old,healthy,and about 3-4 months pregnant with my 4th child.I'm getting nosebleeds from 1-3 times daily.I'm passing bloodclots that are the size and thickness of my pinky finger and some the size of half dollors.Could this be serious?
Category: Health
Expert:  R Makaza replied 7 years ago.
Hi there

You should take this seriously and go to the ER where the bleeding vessel can be identified and possibly cauterised. This should stop the bleed happening so frequently which can potentially have harmful consequences. You will also have your blood pressure monitored and a blood test done to assess the ability of your blood to clot normally.

I hope you found this information helpful and if that is the case please click accept

Thank you.