Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  35 years of experience
8227957

i have a constant re occuring prostititus.iam 40.i had one

i have a constant re occuring prostititus.i'am 40.i had one instance at age 20,then no re occurance until age 30.now it flares up about every 12 to 18 months.i feel like it's breaking me down mentally and emotionally,besides of the obvious physical traits.i sit in a warm bath take antibiotic levaquin 500 mg.,also hytrin 1% it does help,but i need something better more effective and permanent cure.can you help me.i hear adovart might be good too early to tell,but i also hear it affects you sexually.thank you for your help.

Was any infection diagnosed ?

What was the organism?

What was its sensitivity report?

What other investigation have been done?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
it was simply diagnosed as prostititus,with inflamation and swelling.i was never told about any organisms or sensitivity report.the only other investigation done is a painful rectal exam,which at this point feel totally worthless.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
i replied to your request,could you please respond with the medical information i so desperately need.
Thank you for the information.

Avodart will reduce the size of the prostate by preventing the conversion the hormone testosterone to its active form. It is unlikely to help in prostatitis.

It needs to be known the organism or bacteria responsible for the infection by appropriate culture & sensitivity testing .

This way you can get the proper antibiotic for its treatment.

As it is occurring repeatedly it will be helpful to do a repeat culturre after the treatment to see the infection has been eliminated,

An ultrasound or scan can also be done to see the state of the prostate.

I hope this information will help.

Please ask if you need any clarification.

Best wishes.