Ask Ronald E. Lemmons, M.D. Your Own Ques...

Ronald E. Lemmons, M.D.
Ronald E. Lemmons, M.D., Medical Doctor
Experience:  General Surgeon - 40 years; currently praciticing Adult Medicine
7300046

I am having leg pain that goes all the way up & down, 2week

Customer Question

I am having leg pain that goes all the way up & down, 2week duration. I also have an EXTREMELY itchy place on my shoulder that no cream relieves. I have dizzy spells, some worse than others...the frequency varies. I seem to be having a bit of trouble with seeing as well. Any ideas?
Category: Health
Expert:  Ronald E. Lemmons, M.D. replied 6 years ago.

HiCustomer Thanks for the question. Unfortunately I need to have some answers before I can answer your questions properly.

Leg pain, both sides, hip to toes? Does your shoulder have a rash, bumps, discoloration? With the dizzy spells, do you spin or does the world? How long for the blurred vision? What other illnesses do you have and what medications do you take regularlyif any more than you have given. What does you primary care physician say/ (or any consultants I will look forward to hearing the answers. Dr. L

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The dizziness has been going on to some degree for a few years, however has gotten more frequent as of late. My leg pain began about two weeks ago and it's only my left leg. The pain is pretty much from upper thigh to my foot. My knee is hard to bend, very painful, but I get pains all up and down my leg. There is nothing on my shoulder and this itch has been persistent for almost 2 years....again getting more frequent and severe. When I get dizzy, the world spins and I have some difficulty speaking and my hands contract during the severe spells. I did pass out a couple of times, but didn't fall...everything went white. My vision has been bothering me for about 6 months. I also used to get "lights" in my peripheral vision, but haven't for a couple of years now. Just can't see as well as I used to even 6 months ago. I am on several meds but none of them new except Zetia......Zoloft, Maxzide, Levoxyl, Nexium....at night I take Trazodone and Mirapex because I have EXTREMLY severe Restless Leg Syndrome. I simply cannot be without them or I walk the floors all night and day. The RLS symptoms even go up into my arms at times. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need more info. THANKS SO MUCH!
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Are you there?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Oh, also I haven't seen my primary dr. yet. Will plan to when we get where he is. We travel in an RV fulltime. So I will be seeing him in December, unless you feel there is reason to not wait. Then I would find one here, Palm Springs. Waiting to hear from you.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I am waiting for my answer and suggestions. I have already paid. Please respond as soon as possible.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I will check back in a couple of hours. I have to leave right now. Please help me!! Thank you.
Hi againCustomer Thanks for the response, sorry to be awwhile getting back to you. With your rather complicated problem list, unless there are significant changes, you would be much better off to see your primary Dr. who would be familiar with your situation. If the dizziness or spells get worse , then all bets are off and you get to see a physician to ber checked. I hope this helps, but your travel makes it a little difficult to keep up with. If you have significant changes or have more questions, please get back to me. Any way, if not too much trouble, let me know how this turns out. Good luck. Dr. L
Ronald E. Lemmons, M.D., Medical Doctor
Experience: General Surgeon - 40 years; currently praciticing Adult Medicine
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Ok, but I was wondering with my assorted ailments that all seem to be unrelated and I am a nurse as well, MS struck me as possible. Does that seem possible to you? Just want your opinion and know you have no way of knowing for sure. We will be in the Palm Springs area for another month. Then we will be in the Tucson, AZ area for most of the winter. That is where my primary physician is, however he doesn't know of these symptoms. We actually only see him for yearly prescription refills. If you feel I should see someone sooner, I certainly can. The leg pain is bothering me the most now, but I do still have the dizziness occasionally. Not as bad as the last several months. My itch is also driving me nuts...it feels like it's deeper than on the skin, like a nerve itch and it is pretty much constant. Thanks for any ideas you may have and for your time.
Hi againCustomer Thanks for the acceptance. You know you can come back anytime, and UI would like to heart how this comes out if not too much trouble. Regards, XXXXX XXXXX
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I have not received any answer and have been charged twice for this service.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Dr Lemmon,

You said to come back if my symptoms get worse. If they weren't already bad, I wouldn't have contacted you in the first place.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Could you reply to my Nov 1, 4:30 posting, please.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
PLEASE GIVE ME SOMETHING I CAN USE! DON'T YOU HAVE ANY IDEAS WHAT COULD BE MY PROBLEM?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Is there any way I can get a response from someone, please? I have been reading Dr. L's responses to other questions. I would really like for another physician to read my questions since Dr. L is not responding to me any longer. Thank you.