Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, MD
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, MD, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Twenty years experience in active private practice

My doctor has given me a choice of three antidepressants.

My doctor has given me a choice of three antidepressants. I am very afraid of taking medicine. The meds are imimpramine, lexapro or effectxor, my choice. Which is the best. I am a 61 year old, overweight, anxious white ,female. I feel my symptoms are physical but all my life I have been told it is anxity and depression.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, MD replied 7 years ago.

Different people react to different anti-depressants in different ways. It is difficult to predict exactly how a well a particular anti-depressant will work for you. But on the whole, most women with anxiety and depression have done well on Lexapro. I suggest that you try out this drug first and see how well you do on it.

I hope this helps.

Let me know if you need more input. If not, please click on the green"Accept" button on this page. A positive rating and adding a bonus will be warmly appreciated.