Ask Ronald E. Lemmons, M.D. Your Own Ques...
Ronald E. Lemmons, M.D.
Ronald E. Lemmons, M.D., Medical Doctor
Experience:  General Surgeon - 40 years; currently praciticing Adult Medicine

I have pain in my chest, shoulder to shoulder, it hurts when

Customer Question

I have pain in my chest, shoulder to shoulder, it hurts when I breath in and I can't lay down, is this just gas pains?
Category: Health
Expert:  Ronald E. Lemmons, M.D. replied 7 years ago.

HiCustomer Thanks for the question

Chest pain is significant and needs attention particularly if it is new. It could be anything from reflux, to coronary or pulmonary in origin. You mention taking Peptobismol, do you have alot of GI symptoms? It may be simply GERD or much more If it has lasted longer than 30 min, and not respondedd to peptobismo, it needs to be checked or at least call your local physician right away.

Please click on accept if this answers your question to your satisfaction, otherwise get back to me with more info. Good luck! Dr. L

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I keep belching, but It may be that I am just making myself do this, it doesn't help any. there has been pain all day. I am tired and want to lay down, but the pain gets worse, would the ER be able to do something for me if it does turn out to be gas pains. I don't want to go if they will just send me away.

Hi againjclairday.

I can't tell you what they will do, but it will depend on the findings. To find out what it is not, may be as important as anything.. Yes I believe they will be able to help you. Please let me know how this turns out if not too much trouble. Dr. L