Salar, Doctor
Experience:  int.medicine board eligible, research fellowship cardiology.. working at UTMCK

Hi, I was anserwring the doorbell for trick and treaters, when

Hi, I was anserwring the doorbell for trick and treaters, when my ankle either teisted and gave out or I miss a step. I fell down two rows of bricks and laid unable to move for about ten minutes. Finally I scooted back into the house, called for my family and they got me to a couch, elivated it and put ice on it. (there where no alcohol or drugsinvolved) I have rhuematoid arthritis an oesteoporsis. I can't bear any weight on the ankle and it is quite swollen on the left ankle bone on the left leg. Any suggesstions? :)
Category: Health
Expert:  Salar replied 7 years ago.
well since you are not able to bear any weight and its swollen.. then its probably a fracture .. you need to go to the ER now.. get an Xray .. It will be very important as you also have osteoporosis which can make bones thin and easy to break.. meanwhile you can take aleeve or ibuprofen if no stomach ulcers.