Internist, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Board Certified in 2 Specialties, VERIFIED,American, trained and located in United States

My father has just been diagnosed with a spinal tumor and a

My father has just been diagnosed with a spinal tumor and a "spot" on his lung, he has gone from "Bad" to worse in the last 24 hours-He spent last night in the ER( constipated & is taking hydorcodone every 4-6 hrs. for pairn- he just got the possible diagnosis today-Spinal tumoe & possible lung caner- I cannot even find spinal tumor on your website.
Category: Health
Expert:  Internist replied 7 years ago.
Hello daughter,

It sounds like you father may have lung cancer (spot on the lung) which will have to be confirmed with a tissue biopsy. Unfortunately, the "spinal tumor" most likely refers to a spread of the lung cancer to the area covering the spinal cord. This is called a metastasis. If it is in fact lung cancer and if the spinal tumor is from the lung cancer then the prognosis is not good as it is not curable by surgery. Other options that may be given to you are chemo and radiation therapy. All these things must be discussed with your doctor. I hope this has helped you.

This communication will remain open until your question has been answered. I have over 20 years experience in patient care dealing with similar issues as this. If I have answered your question, please click "ACCEPT" so I may get credit for my work. POSITIVE FEEDBACK/BONUS is always appreciated. If you ARE NOT satisfied, please ask for more information or explanation. This response does not substitute for a visit to your doctor. Thanks for your inquiry. If you have future questions, you may request that I answer them.