Salar
Salar, Doctor
Experience:  int.medicine board eligible, research fellowship cardiology.. working at UTMCK
11855647

I have been having severe pain in my lower back and stomach

I have been having severe pain in my lower back and stomach and the last three days I have had blood on the toilet paper when I go to the bathroom after my first morning pee then there is no more blood for the rest of the day. I have not had sex in three months and I am on birth control so I know I am not pregnant. Someone told me it could possibly be kidney stones. Can you please help me out? I am scared to go to the doctor but I am starting to worried about this. Advil helps the pain for about 7 to 9 hours at a time and I am not due for my period for another week and 1/2.
Category: Health
Expert:  Salar replied 8 years ago.
where is the blood coming from... stools ? or when you pee.... do you have on n off pain... does it hurt to pee or burns? any abdominal pain?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

When I wipe myself after I pee it is almost like I am in the beginning of my period. The pain is pretty constant till i take advil. It doesnt hurt when I pee and it dont burn to pee either. My lower back and my stomach hurts like I have cramps but a million times worse to the point that I cant even walk or stand up straight I just get doubled over.

Expert:  Salar replied 8 years ago.
ok.. it seems that you probably have kidney stones or infection( fever or chills).. you need to see a doctor or go to ER.. they can give you a CT scan to rule out kidney stones and also urine analysis for infection... important to take bed rest, drink plenty of fluids (atleast 1500ml per day ) and pain meds.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

I dont have a fever but I have been colder then usual I just thought that had to do with the weather change. So you think is probably kidney stones? What else could it be if anything else? Is it common for advil to work when you have kidney stones? I am sorry to ask these crazy questions but I didnt think that's what is because I thought that the pain wouldnt go away but then again I never had it. Is there anyway this will go away by itself? I know probably a stupid question but I so scared of going to the hospital or the doctor.. If I have to then I have to.. I had been doing some exercises on Sunday on the wii fit game and I was actually doing the hoola hoop one and I had to go pretty fast so I though that i pulled something at first till I saw the blood in on the toilet paper after going to the bathroom.... but I am wondering if that could have brought this on?

Expert:  Salar replied 8 years ago.
well exercise can pull muscles but that doesnt cause blood in urine unless it is rhabdomyolysis from excessive exercise which can cause red color in urine and patients can confuse it with blood.. advil can help with kidney stones too .. usually pain from kidney stones is very severe and causes patient to double up like you described. Kidney stones can be passed itself without help as I said bed rest and excess fluid but if it is large enough to block the ureter it can lead to kidney failure which can be very serious .... I would recommend that you see a doctor sooner than laters as both the above conditions can be serious and must be checked out.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

OKAY THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR ALL OF YOUR HELP... I MAY GO TO THE HOSPITAL NOW... THANKS AGAIN AND HAVE A GOOD NIGHT AND WEEKEND!

Expert:  Salar replied 8 years ago.
welcome.If you feel that I have addressed your question adequately, please click the accept button.