Nurse Annie
Nurse Annie, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  PHD RN 40+ years in nursing all depts & units 20+ years as a midwife, certified lactation consultant

message today saying that i have elevated liver enzymes

my doctor left me a message today saying that i have elevated liver enzymes. i have been taking vancomycin for about three weeks now for c. diff. could this be related? and what does this mean?
Category: Health
Expert:  Nurse Annie replied 7 years ago.

There are a number of different liver and liver enzyme tests, and high levels would mean some type of liver abnormality, infection, or disease. If you go here, you can see a listing of all the liver enzyme tests. If you click on each one, it will give you further information on that particular test.
You would need to ask your doctor specifically which one is high, and how much over the normal limit.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
thx but is it possible this is related to antibiotics? or to c diff?

Some of these tests can be high due to a viral infection, but mostly some type of liver infection or disease.