Internist, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Board Certified in 2 Specialties, VERIFIED,American, trained and located in United States

I have a friend with a bad case of hemmoroids and she has been

I have a friend with a bad case of hemmoroids and she has been bothered with little stools throughout the day what can she do
hello, <br /> <br />Are hemorrhoids causing pain, bleeding? Has she had children? How long are bowel movements abnormal? <br />How long has she had them?
More info please.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
No bleeding twelve pregnanacies no pain two weeks now hemmoroids have not gotten smaller been using prepH for about a week I believe she said
Thanks for the info. 12 pregnancies. No surprise hemorrhoids!
There are 2 things I would like to suggest. First tell your friend to try to "reduce" the hemorrhoids by pushing them back up into the anus while taking a shower. This will reduce the irritation and inflammation. Continue the prep H if it helps.

Next, bowel movements must be brought to normal. This should fix the small stools:

First, to increase the bulk in the stool, you must take fiber every am. ie. bran, bran cereal, bran muffin. Also 2 salads a day and ample fruits and vegetables. Metamucil, Citrocel 2-4 heaping tablespoons a day should help increase the bulk in your stool. You may instead want to try Fibercon, 6-8 capsules a day.
Try to train yourself to have one or two movements a day by sitting on the toilet the same time every day.

I have found this works for most of my patients after minor adjustments you must make yourself. Let me know how you make out after a few weeks. This takes time and does not work overnight. Good luck.

This communication will remain open until your question has been answered. I have over 20 years experience in patient care dealing with similar issues as this. If I have answered your question, please click "ACCEPT" so I may get credit for my work. POSITIVE FEEDBACK/BONUS is always appreciated. If you ARE NOT satisfied, please ask for more information or explanation. This response does not substitute for a visit to your doctor. Thanks for your inquiry. If you have future questions, you may request that I answer them.